Skip to main content

KC Adventures

So I've decided that I'm not so good at blogging. I meant to do this at least a couple times a week...not once every two weeks. It's a very busy time in my life so I apologize! I'll try harder! I have decided to focus this blog post on more FUN things! It seems my past posts have been serious tear-jerkers and while I enjoy them...it's time for some fun! Luke and I (the dorks that we are) have created a short list of adventures we would like to embark on when we get to KC. My plan is to document all these adventures and share them with you. This list is just a few things we have found so far...I'm sure it will grow. And as I look over it...most of it seems centered around food and sports. Hrmmm...let's get started. Oh, by the way, these are in no particular order.

1. Kansas City Royals game. No, we are NOT going to disown the Cardinals! We will always be Cardinals fans. However, Royals games are CHEAP! They have BUCK nights and areas of the stadium that are all-you-can-eat. Really? The Cards play there next summer (2012)...we'll be there, for sure!
2. Sporting KC Game. This is the local professional soccer team. Never been to even a little kid soccer game, let alone a professional one!
3. Valentino's Pizza & Wizard of Oz Museum. This one requires a couple hours of travel into Kansas. Luke ate at this Valentino's place in Nebraska back when he traveled with his legion baseball team. I guess it's pretty much the best thing ever...and the Wizard of Oz museum is close...so why not?
4. Ski. This one cracks me up. My cousin, Jesse, who lives in KC mentioned an outdoor ski place. Luke's dying to go. I don't remember the name of the place or exactly where it's located...haha!
5. Arena Football Game. I don't even know what this means really. Indoor football? :)
6. Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun. Hello, amusement park just a few short minutes away from our apartment. I wish I liked roller coasters....but I love water parks!
7. Find favorite pizza & BBQ restaurants. Here comes the food list. We know that BBQ abounds in KC, it's our goal to find our favorite!
8. Have every type of food delivered to our apartment. This one is mine, if you can't guess. We don't have delivery in Ramsey! Even when I was in college all you could get was pizza or Jimmy John's. We can get whatever we want...delivered to our door! Whoo-hoo!
9. Kansas City Zoo. This one's a given. Haven't been to a zoo in years!
10. Wolf Creek Water Park. We found this online. It looked fun...especially if young children come visit us (Will & Candi...Adam & Katie...Josh & Keri??? Come visit, please!)
11. Nelson-Atkins Art Museum. I've been to the outside. It has giant badminton birdies in the yard. Which is obvious by the picture above!
12. KC Chiefs Game. More football! I've never been to a professional football game. I think it could be fun! And cold!
13. Schlitterbahn Water Park. Another water park. This is one outdoor as opposed to Wolf Creek which is indoor.  :)
14. Visit the following restaurants that were on Diner's, Drive In and Dives. Here we go...Smokin' Guns BBQ, RJ Bob-be-que Shack, Johnny's BBQ, Woodyard BBQ, Happy Gillis Cafe & Hangout, The Brick Restaurant, Grinder's Restaurant, 39th Street Mama's, VJ's Snack Bar. Long list...lots of food!
15. Oklahoma Joe's. This restaurant was on Man VS Food. Supposedly it has the best BBQ in KC and it's in a gas station.
16. Jesse James Home. Let's throw an educational experience in there for the heck of it. :)
17. Toy & Miniature Museum. Yeah, this could possibly be slightly weird or really cool. I'm not sure what it will be like!
18. College Basketball Experience & NCAA Hall of Fame. Sports and food...that's what we do best.
19. Spend an entire day at Zona Rosa. This is a HUGE outdoor mall. You should really look it up online...it's like a town, only it all stores and restaurants. This requires lots of money because I can't window shop...I must buy!!!!

Well, there you have it. A few experiences we hope to enjoy while living in Kansas City. I know that our list will grow and change. Most of the things listed above probably won't be nearly as cool as we think (such as food delivered to the apartment...ha!). But hey, we better live it up while we're there, right?

Comments

  1. Wolf Creek Lodge and Water Park is awesome!! Let's plan a Wollerman reunion there!

    I think the national ag museum is around there somewhere. See? Something for Dad to do when he visits!! Yeah, yeah - Wollermania vacations find all kinds of things like that.

    There is this super cool bar/restaurant in downtown KC that is at the top of a hotel (? I think) and it TURNS!!!! IT IS SO COOL!! You have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear...the outdoor ski place is called "Snow Creek"...it is located in Weston, MO!!

    You need to place this on your list....The Blue Room. It is a jazz club and it is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Behind Me!

Good morning reader friends! I felt as though I hadn't written anything of substance for a while so here goes! I have been attending a Bible study with women who are on campus or have previously been on campus. This past week, someone told me they hadn't seen anyone get through seminary without a car breaking down (in a disastrous way), someone close to them dying, or serious financial woes. My first thought was, "Get me out of here!" But in all honesty, why do seminary families have so many troubles? I can tell you why, Satan is an attacker. An evil being who does not want any human growing in their faith in his nemesis. I remember a few things happening before we even moved that made me think that Satan was attacking us. He was doing everything in his power to make us stay where we were and lose faith in our Lord. But he didn't win, we're here. He's still attacking us though. Luke's job hasn't started yet...every time he calls they tell him t

Clarity, Please?

Job hunting is never fun. Enough said. :) I just got home from my first job interview here in KC. And well, wasn't that interesting? I interviewed with a massage company...for (what I thought) a receptionist position. I got lost on the way there - but on a plus side I totally figured it out and got myself back on track (go me!). I had to drive literally through the city traffic to get there. I got off the interstate and proceed to, in my mind, the ghetto. It probably isn't though - I doubt I've ever been to a real ghetto. During the interview the lady tells me that we are in the ritzy part of town (uh, what?) and that customers will yell at me. Oh, and so will the therapists...I guess they think they run the place since they have a college degree. Um, I have a college degree. She also asked if I was familiar doing sales with a script. It appears that I have to call people and convince them to get a membership to this place. Okay....oh, and I make $8.50 an hour plus commis