Skip to main content

Eat Mor Chikin

Well, here are a few pictures to give everyone some updates. First off, my second recipe in my baking challenge was a coffee cake. It was very unhealthy...which equals delicious! I am looking into taking some cake decorating classes soon!
Also in Henry News, we dressed up as cows on Friday. It was Cow Appreciation Day at Chik-Fil-A. Anyone dressed like a cow got a free meal. Free food? Heck yes! It was a little awkward leaving the house with spots taped to you and giant ears sticking off a headband, but once we got there, we felt right at home. There was everything from entire costumes to just one little spot on people throughout the restaurant. And we all got free food. That's what I'm talking about! Luke dressed up too, he just wasn't there for pictures!
The front of the "costume"

The back

Jesse and I with our noses on!
In other, more serious, news...I have a job! Well,  I actually have two jobs! A couple weeks ago I met with the Vice President of Student Development here on campus. My cousin, Jesse, is leaving her job and I interviewed to take her job. A few things had to be put in place before I could accept it, but everything has worked out. I will also be working at Olive Garden as a server. I used to work at a restaurant when I was in college and I loved it. Waitressing is really hard work, but I enjoy the people (and the tips!). Unfortunately, neither job is full-time which means no benefits. I also needed both jobs because just having one isn't enough to cover the bills. Luke is also waiting on a call back about a job. It seems very promising (and really perfect!) but I will wait until we know for sure to release details! :)

I start Olive Garden on Thursday and the job on campus starts August 1. Before we know it, we are going to be soooo busy! Luke will be in class and working (hopefully!), I will have two jobs and I'm also taking at least one class they offer on campus for wives of seminary students. We will meet each other coming and going I'm sure.

If one thing is apparent, God is taking care of us. We had the ability to go without jobs for a few weeks when we got here. We are settled in, know our way around (for the most part), have met quite a few people and are feeling at home. God knew the timing for jobs to come around. He knew that a new home, new culture and new job wouldn't mix. He's only giving us as much as we can handle. Ugh, He's just so smart...you'd think we'd stop questioning Him! :) One thing I have learned from this move is to stop and take the time to enjoy it. IT could be anything...a new job, no job, an unexpected event...anything! Whatever IT may be, enjoy while you can. Yes, I am getting bored not working BUT we are going to be so busy soon that I'll be wishing to be bored! So, whatever IT is in your life...stop, breathe, take a look around, smile and enjoy! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Behind Me!

Good morning reader friends! I felt as though I hadn't written anything of substance for a while so here goes! I have been attending a Bible study with women who are on campus or have previously been on campus. This past week, someone told me they hadn't seen anyone get through seminary without a car breaking down (in a disastrous way), someone close to them dying, or serious financial woes. My first thought was, "Get me out of here!" But in all honesty, why do seminary families have so many troubles? I can tell you why, Satan is an attacker. An evil being who does not want any human growing in their faith in his nemesis. I remember a few things happening before we even moved that made me think that Satan was attacking us. He was doing everything in his power to make us stay where we were and lose faith in our Lord. But he didn't win, we're here. He's still attacking us though. Luke's job hasn't started yet...every time he calls they tell him t

Clarity, Please?

Job hunting is never fun. Enough said. :) I just got home from my first job interview here in KC. And well, wasn't that interesting? I interviewed with a massage company...for (what I thought) a receptionist position. I got lost on the way there - but on a plus side I totally figured it out and got myself back on track (go me!). I had to drive literally through the city traffic to get there. I got off the interstate and proceed to, in my mind, the ghetto. It probably isn't though - I doubt I've ever been to a real ghetto. During the interview the lady tells me that we are in the ritzy part of town (uh, what?) and that customers will yell at me. Oh, and so will the therapists...I guess they think they run the place since they have a college degree. Um, I have a college degree. She also asked if I was familiar doing sales with a script. It appears that I have to call people and convince them to get a membership to this place. Okay....oh, and I make $8.50 an hour plus commis

Forgiveness

Disclaimer: I am not here to complain about my job - although it may seem like that upon reading these first couple paragraphs. Most days I love my job! I am here to show you the difference between a lost person and a person who knows the complete forgiveness and grace of God.  This past Sunday, Pastor Michael preached about forgiveness. He challenged us to read a passage of Scripture and write a paragraph thanking God for His complete forgiveness. He also challenged us (read: me) with ACCEPTING the forgiveness God has given me. My sins are washed away, completely forgotten by God, never to be brought up again. How amazing is that? I spent Sunday going back to the morning's sermon and just being grateful for the fact that I have been forgiven AND that I can forgive others through the grace, mercy and forgiveness God has granted me. Fast forward to Monday morning. I don't want to go into too much detail here but, my place of employment needs Jesus. There is a Jesus-sized who