Skip to main content

New Mommy Post


I wrote this on August 15 in a journal app I downloaded. I didn't realize it at the time, but after I went back and read it, I thought it needed to be shared. :)

Today is...dealing with a fussy baby. Dealing with not knowing if you are doing an adequate job of feeding your child. Cleaning massive amounts of spit-up out of a car seat when you are running late for a doctor's appointment. Looking at your child and wondering how you could love anyone more. Feeling inadequate and scared because you have such a weight of responsibility to feed, clothe, nurture and rear this child. Forgetting that you are a child of God and therefore, are never inadequate. Forgetting that you just have to give it to God and He'll take care of it. Forgetting that you aren't doing this alone. Forgetting that God gave you this child...He obviously knows you would be the perfect mother for him. Forgetting that you have an amazing husband who is willing and wanting to help in any way possible. Realizing that your hormones are way out of wrack and you can't stop crying...even though you want to. Realizing that you must ask for help when you need it. Realizing that you kind of wish you lived closer to family, even though you love your current city. Realizing that you will be challenged with parenthood for the rest of your life...it isn't going to get easier, just different challenges to face. Realizing that you could never do it alone. Realizing that some people do it on their own. Realizing how blessed you truly are. Praising God for your sweet, sweet baby...who is slightly fussy and did puke in the car today. Praising God for your dedicated, loving, sensitive husband. Praising God that you don't have to do ever do ANYTHING on your own, because He's always there. Praying for those who do it without the reassurance of salvation. Praying for those who do not rely on God's grace. Praying for those who have denied the peace that being a child of God offers. Praying that you will be an example of God's grace, not only to your son, but your husband, friends, co-workers, and even strangers. Praying that everything you do will be done for the glory of God. Praying you won't get in God's way. Praying and submitting your worries to Him.

...Knowing that tomorrow will be better. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Behind Me!

Good morning reader friends! I felt as though I hadn't written anything of substance for a while so here goes! I have been attending a Bible study with women who are on campus or have previously been on campus. This past week, someone told me they hadn't seen anyone get through seminary without a car breaking down (in a disastrous way), someone close to them dying, or serious financial woes. My first thought was, "Get me out of here!" But in all honesty, why do seminary families have so many troubles? I can tell you why, Satan is an attacker. An evil being who does not want any human growing in their faith in his nemesis. I remember a few things happening before we even moved that made me think that Satan was attacking us. He was doing everything in his power to make us stay where we were and lose faith in our Lord. But he didn't win, we're here. He's still attacking us though. Luke's job hasn't started yet...every time he calls they tell him t

Clarity, Please?

Job hunting is never fun. Enough said. :) I just got home from my first job interview here in KC. And well, wasn't that interesting? I interviewed with a massage company...for (what I thought) a receptionist position. I got lost on the way there - but on a plus side I totally figured it out and got myself back on track (go me!). I had to drive literally through the city traffic to get there. I got off the interstate and proceed to, in my mind, the ghetto. It probably isn't though - I doubt I've ever been to a real ghetto. During the interview the lady tells me that we are in the ritzy part of town (uh, what?) and that customers will yell at me. Oh, and so will the therapists...I guess they think they run the place since they have a college degree. Um, I have a college degree. She also asked if I was familiar doing sales with a script. It appears that I have to call people and convince them to get a membership to this place. Okay....oh, and I make $8.50 an hour plus commis

KC Adventures

So I've decided that I'm not so good at blogging. I meant to do this at least a couple times a week...not once every two weeks. It's a very busy time in my life so I apologize! I'll try harder! I have decided to focus this blog post on more FUN things! It seems my past posts have been serious tear-jerkers and while I enjoy them...it's time for some fun! Luke and I (the dorks that we are) have created a short list of adventures we would like to embark on when we get to KC. My plan is to document all these adventures and share them with you. This list is just a few things we have found so far...I'm sure it will grow. And as I look over it...most of it seems centered around food and sports. Hrmmm...let's get started. Oh, by the way, these are in no particular order. 1. Kansas City Royals game. No, we are NOT going to disown the Cardinals! We will always be Cardinals fans. However, Royals games are CHEAP! They have BUCK nights and areas of the stadium that ar