Skip to main content

Resolutions

I never keep my resolutions. I know most people don't either. I seem to make a list of things to do, work on, adhere to and then forget by....February. So why not keep the tradition going? I'm just going with things that I already have in place or am working on....and I'll focus on continuing to improve on them.

#1 - Becoming more Christ-like. This is a yearly, monthly, daily, hourly process. I must spend more time in the Word, pray without ceasing and utilize the power of the Holy Spirit each minute of every day.

#2 - Be the best wife & mommy I can be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job. I consider education my career. I highly doubt I'll ever not work and stay at home. But, my thought process has definitely changed. I would say pre-baby, I was career-minded. I spent a lot of time focusing on my career. And while that's still important to me - I want to be a great teacher, I am starting my Master's this month - I also think it's time for me to utilize the word "no." I tend to find myself in predicaments where I offer to help someone do something and then end up being in charge of it. So, I will protect my time with Luke and Cooper, all while still focusing on being a better educator....and say "no" to the stuff that doesn't matter quite as much anymore.

#3 - Organize and keep my house under control. We have so much stuff. Add a baby and wow, we have even more stuff. Our house isn't that big. I need to be organized. I need to purge. I need to accumulate less. I must be tough with myself and get rid of things that I don't/can't/won't use. I need to get rid of shoes I don't wear (I would have like 5 pair left, but that's okay). I need to have a garage sale. I need to donate. This could be a long process...

Okay, that's enough for now. I think those are all very attainable things. They aren't a cut and dry goal to hit...but something that is a process. Happy 2014...it's gonna be a good year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Behind Me!

Good morning reader friends! I felt as though I hadn't written anything of substance for a while so here goes! I have been attending a Bible study with women who are on campus or have previously been on campus. This past week, someone told me they hadn't seen anyone get through seminary without a car breaking down (in a disastrous way), someone close to them dying, or serious financial woes. My first thought was, "Get me out of here!" But in all honesty, why do seminary families have so many troubles? I can tell you why, Satan is an attacker. An evil being who does not want any human growing in their faith in his nemesis. I remember a few things happening before we even moved that made me think that Satan was attacking us. He was doing everything in his power to make us stay where we were and lose faith in our Lord. But he didn't win, we're here. He's still attacking us though. Luke's job hasn't started yet...every time he calls they tell him t

Clarity, Please?

Job hunting is never fun. Enough said. :) I just got home from my first job interview here in KC. And well, wasn't that interesting? I interviewed with a massage company...for (what I thought) a receptionist position. I got lost on the way there - but on a plus side I totally figured it out and got myself back on track (go me!). I had to drive literally through the city traffic to get there. I got off the interstate and proceed to, in my mind, the ghetto. It probably isn't though - I doubt I've ever been to a real ghetto. During the interview the lady tells me that we are in the ritzy part of town (uh, what?) and that customers will yell at me. Oh, and so will the therapists...I guess they think they run the place since they have a college degree. Um, I have a college degree. She also asked if I was familiar doing sales with a script. It appears that I have to call people and convince them to get a membership to this place. Okay....oh, and I make $8.50 an hour plus commis

KC Adventures

So I've decided that I'm not so good at blogging. I meant to do this at least a couple times a week...not once every two weeks. It's a very busy time in my life so I apologize! I'll try harder! I have decided to focus this blog post on more FUN things! It seems my past posts have been serious tear-jerkers and while I enjoy them...it's time for some fun! Luke and I (the dorks that we are) have created a short list of adventures we would like to embark on when we get to KC. My plan is to document all these adventures and share them with you. This list is just a few things we have found so far...I'm sure it will grow. And as I look over it...most of it seems centered around food and sports. Hrmmm...let's get started. Oh, by the way, these are in no particular order. 1. Kansas City Royals game. No, we are NOT going to disown the Cardinals! We will always be Cardinals fans. However, Royals games are CHEAP! They have BUCK nights and areas of the stadium that ar