Skip to main content

Warning: Big Changes Ahead - Part 3


What will we miss the most? Easy answer…Providence Baptist Church.

Luke began working at Providence Baptist Church as the pastoral intern in September 2012. We were weary of getting into ministry again because our experiences hadn’t been great in the past. However, Providence was truly exactly what we needed. Luke began his ministry focused on the youth and worked alongside the pastor to do administrative tasks as well.

Providence has been supportive of our family since Day 1. We have been loved on and encouraged for almost two years. We’ve made lifelong friendships with the great people who serve and attend there.  Our two years at Providence have been a time of restoration and healing for us. As we leave, we are excited to take the things we’ve learned there and use them to minister to others.
Luke was ordained in this church at the end of March. By this time, we were in the thick of interviews and getting responses from churches. While we knew we might be leaving soon, we wanted to see Providence Baptist Church on the ordination certificate to remind us of our time there. We will never forget that service…the wonderful things Pastor Michael said about Luke and the deacons who took the time to pray over our family.

I encourage you, Kansas City-ians, to check out this “country” church off Stark near Liberty. PS – It’s really not so “country” these days. Really, what a wonderful place full of wonderful people. The pastor and his wife are the sweetest, most encouraging people we have ever served with. The Transformers (our Sunday School class) are a group of rock-solid people who just want to do life with other young families. Without the help of fellow mommies in the church, I may have lost my mind many times.

The youth are a great group of kids, who genuinely desire to grow stronger in their walk with Christ. They challenge us adults in their questions and their sincerity. Their parents are supportive and cheer Luke on in his ministry to the students. There are women who have taken on the task of “church grandma” for Cooper.  Another member (along with her two kiddos) watched Cooper every Thursday during the school year so Luke could attend meetings at the church.

I could seriously go on and on. But in all honesty, thank you Church, for showing us what a true family of God should look like. We are so blessed to have ministered to you, but please know, you have ministered to us in many different ways. We love you and will miss you so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Behind Me!

Good morning reader friends! I felt as though I hadn't written anything of substance for a while so here goes! I have been attending a Bible study with women who are on campus or have previously been on campus. This past week, someone told me they hadn't seen anyone get through seminary without a car breaking down (in a disastrous way), someone close to them dying, or serious financial woes. My first thought was, "Get me out of here!" But in all honesty, why do seminary families have so many troubles? I can tell you why, Satan is an attacker. An evil being who does not want any human growing in their faith in his nemesis. I remember a few things happening before we even moved that made me think that Satan was attacking us. He was doing everything in his power to make us stay where we were and lose faith in our Lord. But he didn't win, we're here. He's still attacking us though. Luke's job hasn't started yet...every time he calls they tell him t

Clarity, Please?

Job hunting is never fun. Enough said. :) I just got home from my first job interview here in KC. And well, wasn't that interesting? I interviewed with a massage company...for (what I thought) a receptionist position. I got lost on the way there - but on a plus side I totally figured it out and got myself back on track (go me!). I had to drive literally through the city traffic to get there. I got off the interstate and proceed to, in my mind, the ghetto. It probably isn't though - I doubt I've ever been to a real ghetto. During the interview the lady tells me that we are in the ritzy part of town (uh, what?) and that customers will yell at me. Oh, and so will the therapists...I guess they think they run the place since they have a college degree. Um, I have a college degree. She also asked if I was familiar doing sales with a script. It appears that I have to call people and convince them to get a membership to this place. Okay....oh, and I make $8.50 an hour plus commis

KC Adventures

So I've decided that I'm not so good at blogging. I meant to do this at least a couple times a week...not once every two weeks. It's a very busy time in my life so I apologize! I'll try harder! I have decided to focus this blog post on more FUN things! It seems my past posts have been serious tear-jerkers and while I enjoy them...it's time for some fun! Luke and I (the dorks that we are) have created a short list of adventures we would like to embark on when we get to KC. My plan is to document all these adventures and share them with you. This list is just a few things we have found so far...I'm sure it will grow. And as I look over it...most of it seems centered around food and sports. Hrmmm...let's get started. Oh, by the way, these are in no particular order. 1. Kansas City Royals game. No, we are NOT going to disown the Cardinals! We will always be Cardinals fans. However, Royals games are CHEAP! They have BUCK nights and areas of the stadium that ar