Skip to main content

Hope.

I have written a blog post or two before about how I wanted to be bold for Christ at the school I worked at in Kansas. Now I'm 275 miles away from that place. I am friends on Facebook with a few students from there. It seems as though some of them are having a hard time right now, from what I can see, someone passed away. A person who was young. Who had a lot of life ahead of them. And the people left behind are struggling. Struggling to find hope in a tough situation.

I stopped. And I prayed. "God, please give _____ hope. Show them Your grace, peace and love." And then I thought about who was going to share this hope with them? How would these young people hear the Word of God? Mostly likely, they won't. I wasn't immersed in this community, but I knew those kids. Many of those kids did not know Jesus. And I am feeling broken for them.

I have been reading the book of Acts the past couple weeks. Those guys were bold. Real bold. They prayed for boldness in Chapter 4. And boy, did they get it. They were stoned, imprisoned, beaten....but how many times did they win someone for Christ? It says that the number of those believing multiplied daily. Daily. I wasn't that bold at work. I was nervous about getting into trouble with my superiors for proclaiming the name of Christ. I didn't want the kids to dislike me. I didn't want my co-workers to look at me like I was some kind of Jesus freak. But, let's be real...that's what I am, right?

To my sweet students from PR, if you just happen to stumble across this, please know that there is hope and life found only through Jesus Christ. He was the one and only perfect Son of God. He died a horrible death on a cross and rose from the grave three days later. He conquered sin and death. Through Him and only Him, you can find hope and true freedom. Freedom from all the crappy stuff this world throws at us. Hope for a future and a plan for your life. Without Jesus, life is meaningless. One of you posted on Facebook earlier, "what is life anyway?" Well, with Jesus, life is full - it's never empty and you are never alone. It's not always easy, as you know, but there is hope for a better tomorrow. Guys and gals, God loves you and I love you. I will keep praying for the students, teachers, administrators and community. God works in mighty ways and I have no doubt He will work wonders.

I can't go back and preach this to you on that last day of school in May. But I truly wish I could. As we liked to joke, what would they have done...fired me? :) I pray a seed has been planted, someone else will water it and eventually, there will be a beautiful bloom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Behind Me!

Good morning reader friends! I felt as though I hadn't written anything of substance for a while so here goes! I have been attending a Bible study with women who are on campus or have previously been on campus. This past week, someone told me they hadn't seen anyone get through seminary without a car breaking down (in a disastrous way), someone close to them dying, or serious financial woes. My first thought was, "Get me out of here!" But in all honesty, why do seminary families have so many troubles? I can tell you why, Satan is an attacker. An evil being who does not want any human growing in their faith in his nemesis. I remember a few things happening before we even moved that made me think that Satan was attacking us. He was doing everything in his power to make us stay where we were and lose faith in our Lord. But he didn't win, we're here. He's still attacking us though. Luke's job hasn't started yet...every time he calls they tell him t

Clarity, Please?

Job hunting is never fun. Enough said. :) I just got home from my first job interview here in KC. And well, wasn't that interesting? I interviewed with a massage company...for (what I thought) a receptionist position. I got lost on the way there - but on a plus side I totally figured it out and got myself back on track (go me!). I had to drive literally through the city traffic to get there. I got off the interstate and proceed to, in my mind, the ghetto. It probably isn't though - I doubt I've ever been to a real ghetto. During the interview the lady tells me that we are in the ritzy part of town (uh, what?) and that customers will yell at me. Oh, and so will the therapists...I guess they think they run the place since they have a college degree. Um, I have a college degree. She also asked if I was familiar doing sales with a script. It appears that I have to call people and convince them to get a membership to this place. Okay....oh, and I make $8.50 an hour plus commis

KC Adventures

So I've decided that I'm not so good at blogging. I meant to do this at least a couple times a week...not once every two weeks. It's a very busy time in my life so I apologize! I'll try harder! I have decided to focus this blog post on more FUN things! It seems my past posts have been serious tear-jerkers and while I enjoy them...it's time for some fun! Luke and I (the dorks that we are) have created a short list of adventures we would like to embark on when we get to KC. My plan is to document all these adventures and share them with you. This list is just a few things we have found so far...I'm sure it will grow. And as I look over it...most of it seems centered around food and sports. Hrmmm...let's get started. Oh, by the way, these are in no particular order. 1. Kansas City Royals game. No, we are NOT going to disown the Cardinals! We will always be Cardinals fans. However, Royals games are CHEAP! They have BUCK nights and areas of the stadium that ar